Breaking away from the traditional approach to publishing, author Rick Bleiweiss reveals how his next book: “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (now available for pre-order) will be released on February 8, 2022, using a disruptive transmedia storytelling approach which he developed with Blackstone Edition.
NEW YORK, January 25, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ — Author, Editor, and Former Music Industry Executive Rick Bleiweiss announces the forthcoming release of his first novel, “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (Blackstone Publishing, February 8, 2022, hardcover, eBook and audiobook) will use an innovative approach to transmedia storytelling. While Hollywood blockbuster movieHarry Potter“, “Star Wars”) have been marketing film franchises this way for decades, Bleiweiss’ disruptive publishing approach is rare for authors. Fans will be able to engage with his historical detective story through a book, a hidden object game app, a theme song, book trailer, merchandise, custom graphics, author logo and author interview podcast series, developed in conjunction with Blackstone.
“Similar to how I helped create mega brands for music superstars, including the Backstreet Boys, Melissa Etheridge, and Kiss, I designed this groundbreaking author marketing platform with Blackstone Publishing to help my first mystery novel connect emotionally with millions of fans much faster than most traditional book releases,” says Bleiweiss.
fans of sherlock holmes (Conan Doyle) and Hercule Poirot (Agatha Christie) will adore the main character, Chief Inspector Pignon Scorbion and the cast of amateur sleuths who help him solve the crimes in the book – in a barber shop.
For this first historical fiction mystery in a series set in 1910 at the time of “Downton Abbey” England in a fictional town called Haxford, Bleiweiss and Blackstone attract fans using multiple broadcast channels, including:
1. Historical Fiction Mystery Novel – Readers and listeners can be entertained by this mystery novel in multiple formats, including hardcover, e-book, and audiobook, which can be pre-ordered now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart & Bookshop.org as well as through independent booksellers and others.
2. Scorbion Sprocket Game App – This hidden object game app based on the book is available for free in Apple App store and Google Play App Store. The game includes 6 levels where users search for items that are elements of this mystery mystery novel. Once a user reaches level 5, they must enter an unlock code found in the book to continue.
3. Book Trailer – A one-minute trailer has been produced and is now posted on YouTube by the author and Blackstone Publishing to entice readers and fans with the backstory of this mystery novel.
4. Theme Song – As a former music producer and performer, Bleiweiss wrote and recorded a theme song to give a suspenseful tone and mood to the character and the book. Fans can hear the song in the book’s trailer video, audiobook, and on the author’s website.
5. Merchandising – Subscribers can purchase “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” t-shirts – the first merchandising item made available. Dog shirts and other items will be added as the book and series evolve.
6. Author’s Logo – To stand out as a unique brand in line with his “Gable Scorbion” series, Bleiweiss released a custom author’s logo with his initials and a hat silhouette – his trademark look. It is visible on the author’s website.
7. Chapter and Verse Video Series – Bleiweiss interviews many authors and industry professionals in a new YouTube video series titled Rick Bleiweiss’ Chapter and verse. Guests from the publishing, television and film industries share anecdotes and career secrets behind the story as well as advice for budding authors.
And as head of publishing at Blackstone, Bleiweiss acquired the catalogs of acclaimed authors such as James Clavel (“Shogun”), Gregory McDonald (“Fletch”), and Gabriel Garcia Marquez, as well as books by many best-selling authors, including Catherine Couter, Heather Graham, PC distribution and Rex Pickett. Most of these latter authors are interviewed on his Chapter and Verse video series which adds to his overall multimedia experience and authorship brand.
Additionally, Bleiweiss will be seventy-seven when “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” comes out and hopes his pioneering approach to editing and storytelling will inspire others to never stop pursuing their dreams.
“Scorbion Sprocket and the Barber Shop Detectives”
BARNES AND NOBLE
LIBRARY point ORG
Liz Kelly, 310-987-7207
ON: Rick Bleiweiss (New York, New York, and Ashland, OR) is a GRAMMY-nominated author, publishing executive, former music industry executive and record producer, who is publishing his first novel, “Pignon Scorbion & The Barbershop Detectives” (February 8, 2022). Bleiweiss began his music career as a rock performer, producer of over fifty records, songwriter and senior record company executive in New York City. Bleiweiss has worked with music industry legends including Clive Davis, Melissa Etheridge, the Backstreet Boys, Kiss, U2, whitney houston, the BeeGees and many more. Since 2006, as the head of a publishing house, Bleiweiss has acquired works by best-selling and award-winning authors, including Rex Pickett (“Next to”), James Clavel (“Shogun”), PC Cast (“House of Night”), Gabriel García Márquez (Nobel Prize for Literature 1982), Leon Uris (“Exodus”), Natasha Boyd (“The Indigo Girl”), Andrews & Wilson (“Tier One”) and Nicholas Sansbury Smith (“Hell Divers”), among others. In his latest creative endeavor, Rick has crafted the historical mystery series “Pignon Scorbion” – blending his love of the past with the twisty delight of a thriller. As fun facts, the author created the first “Your Name in Lights on Broadway” promotion in Times Square, and was most influenced by his travels to England when developing his sherlock holmes-type character and book series “Pignon Scorbion”. For the latest news, follow @rickbleiweissauthor on Instagram and/or visit https://www.rickbleiweiss.com
Liz Kelly, PR for Rick Bleiweiss, 310-987-7207, firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SOURCE Rick Bleiweiss