Title: Numero Group Office Administrative and Inventory Assistant
Status: Full time
Hours: 40/week, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Location: Chicago, IL
Reports to: General Manager of NG
The Numero Group is an archival record label that curates compilations, reissues original albums, and creates album reconstructions from a variety of musical genres. Their products include box sets, playlists, and ephemera of historical music from the 1950s to 1990s, deeply researched, expertly resurrected, and lavishly packaged.
Founded in Chicago in 2003 by Rob Sevier and Ken Shipley, Numero has been committed for nearly 20 years to unearthing precious lost sounds for new audiences, with an unrivaled ear for potential and a fiery eye for detail. With hundreds of tracks in our diverse catalog of LPs, CDs, cassettes, 45s, 12-inch singles and playlists, each Numero production shines a light on the often Herculean efforts of individuals who have sung, performed, recorded and peddled their art to little fanfare at the time. .
Through intense research and crazy ideas, these songs find new life in streaming, lovingly packaged media, and placement in film and television. By a self-imposed law, everything Numero puts together is a stunning new artifact of sound, image and word.
Numero Group is seeking a full-time Office Administrative and Inventory Assistant for its Chicago, IL office. This role will take on a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities related to managing content and office operations as well as managing the Numero physical space. This role will report to the Managing Director of Numero Group and will be in person during our office hours Monday to Friday.
- General oversight of all activities taking place in the Troy St office and warehouse related to Numero Group.
- Be on the liaison site for suppliers, visitors and deliveries.
- Assist and verify customers at Numero Factory Outlet during Friday retail hours.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment, including supervising the office cleaning team and the daily organization of mail, trash, boxes, supplies, etc.
- Manage general office supplies and technology purchases and expenses, and submit receipts and payment requests in the system in a timely manner.
- Handle all inquiries and correspondence to and from the information, order and help email inboxes.
- Organize and direct all incoming phone calls, guests, deliveries and mail.
- Update and maintain Numero Group contact and contract lists, including vendors, contractors and artists, as required.
- Facilitate timely payment requests and expense submissions and update them in the database once paid.
- Assist in generating monthly reports for inventory, accounting and sales.
- Coordinate with staff from other offices to facilitate inter-office visits and virtual meetings.
- Manage any requests or ad hoc projects that may arise to meet staff needs or construction operations.
Retail and Inventory Assistant
- Receive, save and organize stock at the Troy St office and Numero Group Factory Outlet store.
- Alert third-party fulfillment of any inbound shipments and track receipts and inventory issues.
- Handle customer service inquiries and correspondence from[email protected]’.
- Work with the General Manager and Secretly Distribution staff to coordinate shipments and stock movements between Troy St Warehouse and the retail store, Secretly Distribution and 3rd Party Fulfillment.
- Create and maintain new product pages for the website, Bandcamp, including updating inventory and product photos.
- If necessary, plan and ship orders and inventory from the Numero Group office.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Must be highly motivated, willing to take initiative and be able to focus on many multiple ongoing projects
- Discretion with confidential information
- Enthusiasm to support office operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (eg Excel), Google Docs/Sheets, Dropbox, AirTable
- Previous music industry experience is a plus
Benefits of SG Services, Inc.
- Paid leave including end of year closing
- Paid Vacation Policy
- 401K with corporate match
- 12 weeks of parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Policy for matching volunteer hours
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
Application link: https://forms.gle/TZedeGjD7hEqyZvEA
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, emotional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality or national origin.